Can’t find what you need?

When it comes to addressing your questions and concerns, the University of West Alabama has a dedicated solution for prospective and current students and families. UWA One Stop is the go-to hub for all your questions, be it related to financial aid, billing, information technology, learning management software, student accounts, and more. We are here to streamline problem-solving, ensuring that you can concentrate on your studies and make the most out of your college journey.  

Whether you prefer to reach out by phone or connect with us online, UWA One Stop is your reliable resource for assistance with all things UWA. Your life, your future, and your education matter to us, and we are committed to making your college experience as smooth as possible.

Or call +1 (205) 652-3800 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday  

What is the MyHousing portal?
The MyHousing portal is your online resource for all things housing and UWA resources.
  • See messages and alerts from the Housing Office
  • Apply for housing
  • See your room assignment and your roommate’s name and email
  • View your dining plan and change it, if eligible, before you move in for Fall semester
  • Select your room during room selection time
  • Sign up for available waiting lists
  • Submit and view your Room Condition Report form
  • Submit new maintenance requests and view the status of previous requests
  • Update your emergency and missing student contact information
  • Find Helpful Links, including the Overnight Guest Form, LaundryView, Campus Cable Channel Guide and more.
  • Get University News
What Is the Cost of Attendance?

This is an estimate of how much money may be required to attend school for one semester and/or academic year at that college, including all practical expenses. For more information on the Cost of Attendance calculation, click here.

Are students required to live on campus?

Freshmen are required to live on campus for up to one academic year. In addition, some University scholarships require on campus residency. For example, students who receive Trustee Scholarship awards as new freshmen are required to live on campus for their first two years. View additional information about the Freshman Residency Requirement here.

How do I apply for housing?

The housing application is available in your TigerHub portal. If you are a newly admitted freshman or transfer student, housing will show in your TigerHub portal the business day after your Enrollment Confirmation Fee (ECF) posts to your account (which could be 2-3 business days after your official payment). If you have attended UWA previously and you do not see an application for Housing on your Housing portal, please call us at (205) 652-3686, or email us at

I have a disability. What should I do if I need special housing accommodations?

Students with disabilities who need special housing accommodations should contact Will Atkinson, Director of Retention and Student Advocacy, at While there is not a specific deadline, current and transfer students are encouraged to contact Will Atkinson by March 1st for the following Fall semester. Incoming freshmen should contact Will by June 1st. For other semesters, it is recommended that Will be contacted at least two months prior to the beginning of the semester. 

What do I need to bring? Do you have a suggested packing list? Also, are there things I cannot bring?

Deciding what to bring to college is a major task. You don’t want to bring too much stuff, or you’ll be falling all over everything. However, you should bring things that you feel will make your room your “home away from home.” The Housing Office recommends contacting your roommate in advance to discuss who is bringing what. Here is a list of items you may want to bring (packing list) and what to leave at home.

Where can I find my Account Balance?

Log in to Self Service (accessible through TigerHub) using your UWA email address and password. Click the “Student Finance” tab to view your latest account statement and make online payments.

What are the rates for tuition?

Current Tuition & Expenses are updated as approved by the Board of Trustees.

How can I apply for financial aid?
  • Create an FSA ID (user name and password) for the student and the parent at
  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using UWA’s School code (001024) at for the correct academic year. For additional helpful hints on completing the FAFSA, click on the FSA Youtube Channel.
  • After you complete the FAFSA, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) that will provide a summary of the information you submitted in your FAFSA, your estimated family contribution, an estimate of your financial aid eligibility, and your unique Data Release Number (DRN). UWA will be sent an ISIR (Institutional Student Information Record) that is used to determine your eligibility for federal student aid and to create your financial aid package.

Learn more here.