“When we embrace the fact that there is strength in our differences, we will be able to reaffirm our commitment to unity and equality.”
UWA President, Dr. Ken Tucker. Read his full statement here.
The University of West Alabama embraces diversity and recognizes our responsibility to foster an open, welcoming environment where students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and experiences can collaboratively learn, work and serve. We value the academic, social and broader community benefits that arise from a diverse campus and are committed to equity, inclusion and accountability.
Diversity enriches our university community and is instrumental to our institutional success and fulfillment of the University’s mission.
Resources and Learning Materials:
- How to Decenter Yourself in Conversation with Members or Marginalized Communities
- Speak Up: Responding to Everyday Bigotry
- Implicit Bias
- 10 Things Allies Can Do
- Learning for Justice
- So You Call Yourself an Ally: 10 Things All ‘Allies’ Need to Know
- Guide to Allyship
- A Guide to How You Can Support Marginalized Communities
- Diversity Journal
- How to Be an Ally
- How to Make Your Teaching More Inclusive
- Inclusive Language Guide
- Social Justice Resources