The University of West Alabama logo

Division of Student Affairs

A great deal of what you learn during your college years — and most of your favorite memories — will take place outside the classroom. Our mission is to support and enhance your “out-of-class” experience through programming, student organizations, counseling, campus housing, activities and the services you need with scholarships, financial aid, advisement and orientation.    

You can call on us for advice or direction in any aspect of your college life.

Office of the Dean of Students

The Office of the Dean of Students is here to advocate for and support UWA students as they pursue their goals both inside and outside of the classroom. The Dean of Students is here to connect you to resources on campus to address both your needs and interests.

Common ways the Office of the Dean of Students can help:

  • Offer support and assistance to students and their families amidst personal emergencies or challenging situations.
  • Offer guidance and advice to faculty and staff regarding student matters or inquiries.
  • Address various student issues and concerns while advocating for their needs.
  • Coordinate and lead the Behavior Intervention Team
  • Promote the recognition of wellness among students, faculty, and staff, emphasizing its impact on student success.
  • Coordinate initiatives and efforts to support student success.

Get Support For a UWA Tiger

Support and Resources

Concerned About Someone at UWA?

Speak up!

Title IX

Title IX is a federal law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any federally funded education program or activity.

Student Conduct

The Code of Student Conduct governs the conduct of students and organizations in all behavioral matters.
  • Find Info For
  • Academics
  • About UWA
  • Admissions & Financial Aid
  • Life at UWA
  • Online Programs
  • Give Back

Add Your Heading Text Here