Alcohol and Drug Education
As safe as we keep our campus, some students choose to engage in the irresponsible consumption of alcohol and drugs. Many are unaware, or choose to ignore, the negative effects these substances can have on their academic and social success. Knowing all you can about the dangers of alcohol and drugs can go a long way toward ensuring you make the best choices possible while attending UWA.
For additional education, check out:
Additional resources for help with alcohol and drugs:
- 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Alcoholics Birmingham Intergroup — (205) 290-0060
- Montgomery Area Intergroup — (334) 264-4122
- Alliance (Meridian, MS) — (601) 483-6211
- Official Office (New York, NY) — (212) 870-3400
- St. Paul’s Church (Basement), 1116 23rd Avenue, Meridian, MS — (601) 693-2502
- Alabama/NW Florida Region — (800) 467-7314
The sites above are just a few of the places you can go for more information. If you think you may have a problem with alcohol or drugs, or if you know someone who does, contact UWA Counseling Services. Help is available.