Mathematics and Engineering Dual Degree
On the one hand, you enjoy math. On the other, you're interested in pursuing a career engineering. Why not have both and greatly enhance your options for employment. UWA partners with the Schools of Engineering at Auburn University, Mississippi State University, the University of Alabama and the University of Alabama at Birmingham to allow you to attend UWA for approximately seven academic semesters and then transfer to one of these partner schools for two years of study in engineering. After completing all of your academic requirements, you will have earned a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from UWA and a bachelor’s degree in engineering from the cooperating institution.
Detailed curriculum information can be found in the catalog.
- Enhance critical thinking skills through lab work and hands on instruction
- Courses in calculus, differential equations, and advanced mathematics
- A minor is not required for this program
- Earn two degrees
- Opportunity to attend two different institutions
- Course equivalency transfer is guaranteed
- High potential for employment in engineering related fields
- Mathematics Club
- Kappa Mu Epsilon Honor Society
- Participation in local Science Fairs
- Opportunity to work in Mathematics Lab
- Undergraduate Research Symposium
- UWA Science Olympiad
Many of our graduates in the Dual Degree Program in Mathematics and Engineering have been employed in various branches of engineering. Others have gone on to attend graduate school in mathematics and/or engineering. Graduates also have the potential to find employment in teaching, as well as scientific related jobs including information scientist, mathematician, computer programmer, and research assistant.
Natural Sciences and Mathematics contact Thomas Ratkovich at (205) 652-3723.