The University of West Alabama Campus School is maintained by the University of West Alabama as a training facility for students enrolled at the Julia S. Tutwiler College of Education. It houses eight full-time working classrooms, ages 6 weeks through 4 years old.
- that children are active learners and unique individuals, learning according to a developmental sequence and progressing at their own pace.
- that teachers are facilitators of the learning process, sensitive to developmental and individual needs of children and respectful and flexible in their dealings with the children.
- that the appropriate curriculum addresses the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical needs of the children.
- that classroom management/discipline incorporates proper organization of the environment, appropriate activities and clear expression of expectations with natural and logical consequences. Our classroom management policy employs a positive approach, combining consistency with empathy.
- that the best way to prepare potential teachers is through hands-on, real life practical experiences. Teacher candidates receive valuable training and experience while they assist with the program implementation.
- there should be an atmosphere of mutual support between parents and staff in order to create an effective learning environment. We believe that parents need to be kept informed and have opportunities for involvement in classroom activities.
Campus School Calendar
Campus School Parent Resources
Campus School Rates
- $475.00 per month for infants and children ages 6 weeks – 2.5 years and pre-potty trained
- $375.00 per month for children 2.5 years and potty trained — 3/4 Combo class
Tuition is due on the 10th of each month. A $25.00 service fee will be assessed after the 10th. Failure to pay fees in a timely manner may result in termination of services at UWA Campus School.
A discount of 10% is given to parents of multiple enrollees. Regardless of the service plan, payment for service is prearranged and paid in advance each month. This payment ensures that a child’s slot is available on the needed dates but does not carry over if unused.
If you have a returned check, there will be a late fee along with a returned check fee added to the account.
Refunds are not given for tuition or lunch.
For credit card payments, please use the credit card payment form.
Campus School Teachers and Faculty
Kacey Weekley, Interim Director
Jaysa Smith, Lead Teacher
Shanekka Boyd, Teacher
Dani Haley, Teacher
Jerria Harvey, Teacher
Emily Dew, Teacher
Annette Dial, Teacher
Ivy Marshall, Teacher
Alaina McQuire, Teacher
Kathy Smith, Teacher
Keisha Ellington, Teacher
Aly Dill, Teacher