Veteran students and/or their dependents may qualify for Federal VA Education benefits. To determine eligibility, contact the VA Education Center at 1-888-442-4551
- For veterans or dependents of disabled veterans, apply online at www.ebenefits.va.gov or www.vets.gov
Enrollment Certification for Federal VA Education Benefits
- UWA Registrar’s Office must have all appropriate documents stating student’s eligibility for Federal VA Education benefits.
- Only courses required for student’s declared major at the University of West Alabama will be certified to the VA.
- Repeat courses to obtain a better passing grade will not be certified to the VA.
- Additional electives not required for student’s declared degree plan will be certified to the VA.
- Minors not required as part of my program of study will not be certified to the VA.
- Students must attend all classes in which he/she is enrolled. Any change in enrollment (add/drop classes, major changes) will be reported to the VA.
- Class beginning and ending dates, as well as the number of credit hours registered, have a direct impact on the student’s monthly housing allowance (BAH).
- If a student wishes to not be certified for a particular semester, students will notify the Registrar via email before the beginning of term at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Federal VA Education Benefits:
- For veterans or dependents of disabled veterans, apply online at www.vets.gov or ebenefits.va.gov
- Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill®️ (MGIB-AD)
- Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E)
- Chapter 33: Post 9/11
- Chapter 35: Dependents Education Assistance (DEA)
- Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill®️-Select Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- Members of the Select Reserves and National Guard who enlisted, re-enlisted or exhausted his/her enlistment period of six years after 1 July 1985 may be eligible for this program
For more information about Veteran's Assistance at UWA, contact:
Ms. Susan Sparkman, Registrar
The University of West Alabama
Livingston, AL 35470