UWA to transition to online instruction beginning March 16
Out of an abundance of caution for the health and safety of the entire university community, and in response to the latest guidance and recommendations from CDC and other public health agencies, the university will transition all on-campus classes to online instruction beginning March 16.
- March 16 & 17 UWA offices will be open, but on-campus classes will not meet.
- March 18-27 UWA will be closed for extended Spring Break.
- March 16-April 3 On-campus classes will be suspended to allow additional time for UWA to transition as efficiently and completely as possible to online instruction.
- April 6 All on-campus classes will have fully transitioned to online instruction.
- Students currently enrolled in UWA Online courses will continue as originally scheduled.
- March 30 University offices re-open, with employees returning from Spring Break.
- Students are not required to return to campus beginning March 16 and can continue their course work via online instruction.
- Housing and dining services will remain open for students who already reside on campus and/or have meal plans. Students, particularly international or other students who do not have alternative accommodations, students from areas without high-speed internet or other means of receiving remote instruction, and students with exceptional hardships, or academic, employment, or clinical requirements, may need to return to their university housing.
- Arrangements will be made to ensure any students who need to remain on campus have access to essential services.
- Early checkout is available through UWA Housing.
For more information on travel, business operations, assistance with online instruction/learning, see the full announcement.