Academic, Departmental, & Professional
The Accounting Club Mission is to promote interest in the accounting profession as a career, educate students about the various career paths available to accountants, and to provide opportunities for members to interact with other accounting students, faculty, and leaders in the business community.
Alabama Student Rural Health Association
The ASRHA is a student member organization of the Alabama Rural Health Association and the National Rural Health Association. Through activities, workshops, volunteering, and information distribution, the purpose of the group is to address pertinent issues of rural health at the local, state, and national levels. The organization provides UWA students from a wide array of academic backgrounds the opportunity for professional development, networking, and applied community outreach services.
Minority Business Student Association
Natural History Collections Conservation Club
Phi Alpha Theta
To bring students, teachers, and writers of history together for intellectual and social exchanges, which promote and assist historical research and publication by our members in a variety of ways.
Physical Education Club
Sports Medicine Club
We, the members of the University of West Alabama Sports Medicine Club, hereby associate ourselves to increasing the overall outlook of our educational experience by means of promoting educational activities, that we might develop closer contact with those who are involved in our future athletic training/sports medicine profession.
Association of Nursing Students
UWA Toastmasters Community Club
International Student Association
Residence Housing Association
Equality Alliance is a student organization that exists in order to preserve and defend the rights and privileges of equality; to assure student body support for LGBT+ students; to foster a spirit of love among students; to promote citizenship on campus, and to provide a support system for those in need. The EA celebrates diversity by supporting one another as human beings regardless of but not limited to sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, gender, sex, religion, disability, or age through love.
Active Minds is a nonprofit organization that brings awareness about mental health. We are dedicated to helping save lives and building strong communities. We open up the conversation about mental health and creating lasting change in the way mental health is talked about, cared for, and valued at the University.
SSS FLi Society
The purpose of the SSS FLi Society is to offer additional support to first-generation and/or low-income students who are active members of UWA's Student Support Services (SSS). Because these students' knowledge about the traditions of college life and academia may be limited, the FLi Society's goal is to offer guidance and support to SSS students as they become accustomed to the new lifestyles, environments, and academic responsibilities one encounters while attending college. Furthermore, the FLi Society is dedicated to being a helpful asset to SSS students, as well as for other first-generation/low-income students by aiding them in understanding and harnessing their academic and community resources.
Chinese Student Association
Black Student Union
The Gaming Tigers
- The Gaming Tigers is a gaming club for all gamers. The Club is for gamers within the college to be able to come together and have fun.
Athletic, Support, & Spirit
- Support and volunteer base for The UWA Baseball Organization.
ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA
Tri Alpha was established and inducted its first class at UWA in 2020. The purpose of Alpha Alpha Alpha is to recognize academic achievements in first-generation college students, create enthusiasm for scholarship, to promote leadership, and to provide support networks for first-generation students within and across college chapters.
- A national scholastic honor society for men and women who have excelled in their academic pursuits.
ALPHA PSI OMEGA
- Alpha Psi Omega (ΑΨΩ) is a National Theatre Honor Society for participants in collegiate theatre.
BLUE KEY HONOR SOCIETY
- Recognizes men and women for leadership in extra-curricular and academic affairs. Those eligible for election to membership are outstanding juniors, seniors, graduate students, and, under certain conditions, sophomores.
CARDINAL KEY NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY
- is an organization for men and women of junior status who are leaders in the University community and who are deemed potential leaders in the future.
IOTA TAU ALPHA
- Professional Honor Society for those pursuing a degree in athletic training.
KAPPA DELTA PI
- International Honor Society in Education, was founded in 1911 to foster excellence in education and promote fellowship among those dedicated to teaching.
OMICRON DELTA KAPPA
- National honor society that has as its purpose the recognition and promotion of leadership of exceptional quality and versatility.
ORDER OF OMEGA
PHI ETA SIGMA
PHI KAPPA PHI
- The oldest and most selective honor society in the United States that recognizes excellence in all academic disciplines.
- National honor society that honors outstanding non-traditional adult (25 years or older) students.
- Psi Chi, the International Honor Society in Psychology, was founded in 1929 with a mission of recognizing and promoting excellence in the science and application of psychology.
SIGMA TAU DELTA
- Sigma Tau Delta, International English Honor Society, was founded in 1924 at Dakota Wesleyan University.
Alpha Phi Omega
- Alpha Phi Omega is a campus-based leadership development organization through the provision of service to others and the creation of community.
Campus Activities Board
- CAB provides free events for all students on campus. The purpose of CAB is to entertain college students, give them new experiences, and promote campus interactions.
- Enactus students take what they are learning in their classes and apply it by helping small businesses in the community with business problems. We also teach financial literacy, computer classes, and other workshops to help the community.
Phi Boota Roota
- Phi Boota Roota National Percussion Fraternity our purpose is to further the knowledge of the percussive arts throughout the university and community.
The University Student Ambassadors are a selective group of students who share their time and campus experiences with prospective students, parents, and special guests to assist with recruiting for The University of West Alabama.
Student Government Association
The University of West Alabama Student Government Association strives to actively represent the needs and concerns of the UWA student body by committing to excel in leadership, citizenship, and fostering unity among its students.
The Rotaract Club is a subset of Rotary International. Our mission statement includes community service, improving literacy, eradicating polio, clean water, and international peace. Our main focuses on the UWA campus will be to serve the community and increase literacy and financial literacy on the campus.
Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- To see the world transformed by Jesus Christ through the influence of coaches and athletes.
St Francis of Assisi Campus Ministry
- St Francis of Assisi Campus Ministry is a ministry for the purpose of giving students a community where they can share their Catholic identity and grow socially and spiritually.
- A bass fishing club started fall 2013. The club is under the direction of Intramural Sports but competitions take place in the southeastern states of Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and eastern Tennessee. The UWA Bass Club competes on a collegiate level with many other college teams that fish the Carhartt Bassmaster College Series and the Fishing League Worldwide (FLW). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or visit the UWA Bass Club Facebook page.
Social Fraternities & Sororities
The Interfraternity Council
Composed of representatives from each of the social fraternities on the campus, coordinates the various activities of the fraternities under the general supervision of the Director of Student Life.
- Delta Chi
- Sigma Pi
- Tau Kappa Epsilon
The Pan-Hellenic Council
An organization of sororities and fraternities whose purpose is to foster cooperative actions of its members in dealing with matters of mutual concern.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha
- Alpha Phi Alpha
- Omega Psi Phi
- Phi Beta Sigma
- Sigma Gamma Rho
- Zeta Phi Beta
The Panhellenic Conference
An organization of sorority women whose purpose is to promote friendly cooperation among all national sororities.
- Alpha Sigma Alpha
- Alpha Sigma Tau
- Phi Mu