Skip to main content
Explore UWA Request Info Schedule a Visit Apply Now

Verification of Higher Degree

The Verification of Higher Degree form is only for individuals who already hold a valid Alabama Educator Certificate and have earned an advanced degree.  This form is not for those who have completed an initial certification degree program (undergraduate- Class B and Alternative Class A).

This form is not for individuals who are seeking certification in another state.

The applicant must complete this form and it must be signed by the LEA Superintendent.  The form is to be mailed to the Alabama State Department of Education upon completion.  This form does not need to be mailed to UWA’s Teacher Education and Certification Office. 

You are still required to submit an application for certification for your endorsement to be listed on your teaching certificate.  This step must be completed.  Failure to do so may result in additional testing and/or classes if not done in a timely manner.

Questions regarding advance pay should be sent to

Request Info

Submit your information to be contacted by phone/email.


* Required Information

I authorize the University of West Alabama and its representatives to contact me via SMS. I am providing my consent by leaving the opt-in checked. Message and data rates may apply. Terms.

By submitting your information, you confirm you have read the Privacy Policy.