Adjunct Professor: English
Effective Date: August 2019
- Master's degree in English or closely-relate field from an accredited institution.
- Strong commitment to classroom.
- Ability to work successfully with diverse populations in the regional university setting.
- Successful teaching experience at the college level.
- Interest in computer-enhanced composition instruction.
- Demonstrated potential in research and publication.
- Teach up to three freshman composition courses per semester
- Teach other courses for which qualified when assigned.
Rank and Salary: adjunct instructor
Application Deadline: applications are considered until position is filled
To Apply: Send materials listed to
Dr. Kendrick Prewitt, Chair
Department of Languages and Literature
UWA Station 22
Livingston, AL 35470
The following materials must be submitted for the application to be considered complete:
- A letter of application.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Transcripts of all college work. (Unofficial transcripts will suffice for the application; official transcripts must be submitted immediately upon employment.)
- Three current letters of professional reference.
Materials may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of West Alabama does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation in employment, or the provision of services.
Minority applications encouraged.