fbpx Administrative Grievances | University of West Alabama Skip to main content
Explore UWA Request Info Schedule a Visit Apply Now

Administrative Grievances

From time to time students may have questions and/or concerns regarding administrative policies or operations. These questions may involve areas such as financial aid, housing, or student life. Generally, there are logical explanations for situations, and usually, most questions can be resolved in an informal manner through discussion with the individual or office involved. In instances where a student raises a question about a non-academic policy or decision (academic matters fall under the Academic Grievance policy), the affected staff member should respond constructively, explaining the situation as carefully as possible and checking to be sure that no error has been made. If it is not possible to resolve a matter through discussion, a student may appeal for further consideration by voicing the concern to the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs (VPSA). Again, in most instances, concerns can be resolved through discussion, interaction and possibly intervention on behalf of the VPSA, but when this is not possible, the student can formalize his appeal in writing to the VPSA and ask for consideration by the Student Conduct Committee to resolve the matter officially. This policy is intended to ensure that the student is given fair and equitable consideration in any matter that may arise and complies with state and federal regulations.