Administrative Assistant to the Dean
The Administrative Assistant to the Dean serves with the Dean in the management of the College of Business. The role includes various administrative tasks, including communication, record-keeping, computer skills, problem-solving, and organization. Most important, the Administrative Assistant to the Dean is a passionate, positive symbol for the College of Business and serves the college’s many constituents both within the college, across the university, and in the community.
Application Due: Open Until Filled
- A high school diploma.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of administrative experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficient in computer technology or willing to learn.
- Excellent organizational skills to assist the Dean.
- Enthusiasm and energy to be a self-starter.
- Desire to be a passionate, positive symbol for the College of Business.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Digital communication and graphic design skills to promote college.
- Administrative Assistant to Dean of the College of Business.
- Performs administrative tasks for all degree programs.
- Performs administrative tasks associated with accreditation.
- Receives and prepares oral/written correspondences.
- Maintains digital signage on the 2nd Floor of Wallace Hall.
- Assists in the maintenance of the College of Business website.
- Manages day-to-day operations.
- Handles and maintains sensitive and confidential information.
- Maintains office files for faculty/staff personnel and the College of Business travel.
- Prepares purchase/requisition orders.
- Assists in monitoring and maintaining the college’s budget.
- Maintains and updates inventory records.
- Prepares and verifies student graduation files, letters, and diplomas.
- Assists with student registration.
- Prepares course schedules (graduate and undergraduate) for each term.
- Prepares agendas and minutes for College of Business meetings.
- Other duties to assist faculty and students as needed.
To Apply: Send materials listed below to:
Dr. Sharon Stipe, Search Committee Chair
College of Business
The University of West Alabama
Livingston, AL 35470
- Cover letter of Interest for the Position.
- Email and phone number of three professional references.
- Transcripts of all college work. Unofficial transcripts will suffice for application. Official transcripts must be submitted immediately upon employment.
Prior to hiring, the final candidate(s) must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation, including information obtained from social media and other internet sources.
The University of West Alabama does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, hearing status, personal appearance, color, sex, pregnancy, political affiliation, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability (including perceived disability), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other protected category under applicable local, state, or federal law, including protections for those opposing discrimination or participating in any grievance process on campus, with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other human rights agencies.
Minority applications encouraged.