WIOA Certified Nursing Assistant
Would you like to jumpstart your career in healthcare, at NO COST to you?*
This short-term, 12-week program serves as a pathway for participants to gain entry-level employment as Certified Nursing Assistants, home health aides, and patient care technicians.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will have achieved the following outcomes, which will qualify them to work outside of nursing homes:
- CPR Certification
- OSHA Safety Certification
- ACT WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certification
- UWA CNA Certificate of Completion
- 2 attempts at Alabama CNA licensure exam.
After passing the Alabama National Nurse Aide Assessment, students will be licensed, Certified Nursing Assistants in the state of Alabama. Students also receive transportation support.
In addition to career readiness and healthcare training, all participants receive one-on-one career guidance, job search assistance, and other supportive services for at least 12 months following completion of the course.
This program exceeds federal and state requirements for CNA training and is accredited by the Alabama Department of Public Health, Program Code: 01508.
Call 205-652-5494 or email@example.com for more information.
*This program is FREE and only available for individuals that meet the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) youth requirements. All students must be between the ages of 18 and 24.
UWA Division of Economic and Workforce Development
154 Student Union Drive
Livingston, AL 35470
- Jordan Mahaffey (Program Director & Career Readiness)
- Shea Etheridge, RN (CNA Theory & Practice)
- Lathia Adams (Case Manager)
2020-2021 CNA COURSE SCHEDULE***
Cohort 1 (CNA20.1)
- August 19, 2020 - November 6, 2020
- Application Deadline: July 22, 2020
- Classes Do Not Meet: September 7
Cohort 2 (CNA20.2)
- November 17, 2020 - February 26, 2021
- Application Deadline: October 21, 2020
- Classes Do Not Meet: November 23-27, December 18-January 3
Cohort 3 (CNA20.3)
- March 16, 2021 - June 18, 2021
- Application Deadline: February 16, 2021
- Classes Do Not Meet: January 18, March 22-26
***Individual and daily course schedules vary. Courses meet for 12 weeks, 20 to 25 hours per week (4-6 hours per day), Mondays through Fridays during regular business hours. You may email Jordan Mahaffey, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.