Master of Arts in IMC
The MA in IMC at UWA combines aspects of hands-on, experiential learning with research and management principles. Students will prepare for management-level careers in a number of industries including public relations, marketing, philanthropy, advertising, tourism, social media, graphic design, and multimedia production.
This 30-credit hour program can be completed in as little as 12 months, and courses can be taken on-campus or online. The degree culminates in a comprehensive portfolio and a research-driven thesis project. Students also participate in a three-hour internship.
- IMC 500 - Exploration of Mass Media (3)
- IMC 580 - Portfolio Design
- IMC 595 - IMC Thesis Project (3)
- IMC 599 - Professional Media Internship (3)
- 9 Hours of Communication Electives
- 9 Hours of Marketing/Management Electives
- Total: 30 Credit Hours
View the full graduate IMC curriculum here.
In addition to the innovative coursework in the graduate IMC curriculum, students receive numerous opportunities to produce real-world content for clients. Additionally, our students gain valuable career insights on yearly industry immersion trips and professional internships in a variety of fields. Affordable study abroad opportunities are also available and encouraged.
- Access to industry-standard software, including Adobe Creative Cloud and Google Analytics
- Certifications in social media scheduling and analytics, graphic design, and web design
- Creative agency experience
- Instructional opportunities in many undergraduate courses
- Submission to regional and national conferences and competitions
- Faculty with years of diverse industry experience
- Comprehensive digital and print multimedia portfolios