Effective Date: Immediately upon hiring.
Position: The UWA Office of Admissions invites applications for the position of Admissions Counselor.
1. Bachelor’s degree (Current UWA seniors on track to graduate in December will be considered).
2. Strong written and oral communication skills.
3. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and social networking sites (i.e., Facebook, Instagram).
4. Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
5. Ability to form positive working relationships with staff in other campus offices.
6. Positive, professional attitude and a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
7. Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel extensively.
1. Master’s degree.
2. Familiarity with public relations-oriented marketing.
3. Experience with marketing materials design.
4. Successful experience in Admissions or a related Student Services field.
5. Experience with the Ellucian Colleague student information system.
6. Experience with the Radius CRM by Campus Management.
1. Represent the University at school visits and college day and night programs.
2. Visit junior colleges and high schools to recruit students and explain and respond to questions about academic programs, scholarships, student activities, financial aid, and housing consideration to students, parents, and educators.
3. Conduct campus visit appointments with prospective students.
4. Follow up with inquiries and applicants.
5. Analyze current and historical admission data and trends within the assigned geographic territory and develop and implement strategies to meet enrollment goals.
6. Participate in all Admissions sponsored programs.
7. Facilitate collaborative relationships with various University offices, including Financial Aid, Academic Affairs, Student Affairs and Athletics.
8. Work with other staff members to develop brochures and other marketing materials and to evaluate the effectiveness of the recruitment program.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Admissions or other appropriate administrators.
Application Deadline: Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Send materials listed below to:
Director of Admissions
The University of West Alabama
Livingston, AL 35470
- Cover letter.
- Resume/vita, documenting related work experience.
- Email and phone number of three professional references; reference letters may be requested later.
- Transcripts of all college work. Unofficial transcripts will suffice for application. Official transcripts must be submitted immediately upon employment.
Prior to hiring, the final candidate(s) must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation, including information obtained from social media and other internet sources.
The University of West Alabama does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, hearing status, personal appearance, color, sex, pregnancy, political affiliation, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability (including perceived disability), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other protected category under applicable local, state, or federal law, including protections for those opposing discrimination or participating in any grievance process on campus, with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other human rights agencies.
Minority applications encouraged.