1. Bachelor’s Degree or three years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant.
2. Excellent speaking and writing abilities and professional telephone demeanor.
3. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of desktop applications and strong typing skills.
4. Ability to organize the flow of work, including filing, data collection, information, and appointment scheduling.
5. Ability to work effectively with other Divisional staff and other University offices.
6. Strong work ethic and proactive approach to problem-solving.
1. Work experience in higher education or K-12 environment.
1. Open the College of Education, School of Graduate Studies, and Online Programs offices daily.
2. Manage office records such as requisitions, email reminders, calendars, forms, room requests, and files.
3. Distribute mail and faxes to appropriate individuals.
4. Inventory department needs and create purchase requisitions.
5. Answer telephone and email.
6. Supervise student workers.
7. Attend and prepare minutes for meetings.
8. Keep up with current procedures and curriculum requirements.
9. Assist students, faculty, and staff in-person and remotely.
10. Send out reminder emails regarding online term deadlines.
11. Assist with online admissions process.
12. Manage transcript evaluation process for the Division of Online Programs.
13. Manage online adjunct faculty applications.
14. Collect syllabi for online courses each term.
15. Collect grades for all College of Education courses each term.
16. Manage College of Education Lead Teacher List.
17. Process transient credit approval forms and change of major requests.
18. Manage online course schedule changes and campus advisor assignments.
19. Manage the calendar, travel, phone calls, mail, and paperwork for the Dean of Education and the Dean of Graduate Studies.
20. Manage the online scholarship programs – approve and award scholarships.
21. Assist with Certification paperwork.
22. Assist with Online payroll.
23. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Deans or other appropriate administrators.
Application Deadline: Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, three references, and a resume to:
Dr. Jan Miller, Dean
Julia Tutwiler College of Education
The University of West Alabama
Livingston, AL 35470
or email to: Jmiller@uwa.edu
Prior to hiring, the final candidate(s) must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation, including information obtained from social media and other internet sources.
The University of West Alabama does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, hearing status, personal appearance, color, sex, pregnancy, political affiliation, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability (including perceived disability), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other protected category under applicable local, state, or federal law, including protections for those opposing discrimination or participating in any grievance process on campus, with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other human rights agencies.
Minority applications are encouraged.