- Bachelor’s Degree or three years experience as an Administrative Assistant or similar position.
- Excellent speaking and writing abilities and professional telephone demeanor.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of desktop applications and strong typing skills.
- Ability to organize flow of work, including filing, data collection, information, and appointment scheduling.
- Ability to work effectively with students, other Divisional staff, and other University offices.
- Strong work ethic and proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Work experience in higher education or K-12 environment.
- Work experience managing a budget.
- Manage office records such as requisitions, email reminders, calendars, forms, room requests, and files.
- Schedule UWA-Teach courses.
- Distribute mail to appropriate individuals.
- Inventory department needs, create purchase requisitions and overall budget management.
- Answer telephone and email.
- Supervise student workers.
- Attend and prepare minutes for meetings.
- Keep up with current procedures and curriculum requirements.
- Assist students, faculty, and staff in person and remotely.
- Send out reminder emails regarding important deadlines.
- Manage the calendar, travel, phone calls, mail, and paperwork for the Co-Directors and Program Coordinator of the UWA-Teach Program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Co-Directors or other appropriate administrators.
Application Deadline: Review of applications begins August 7, 2023, and continues until the position is filled.
NOTE: This position is grant funded. No guarantee of employment after funding ends.
To Apply: Submit the following to:
- “Application for Employment” form, which can be obtained from UWA College of Education.
- Cover Letter.
- Resume/vita, documenting related work experience.
- Email and phone number of three professional references; reference letters may be requested later.
- Transcripts of all college work. Unofficial transcripts will suffice for application. Official transcripts must be submitted immediately upon employment.
Dr. Reenay R.H. Rogers, UWA-Teach Co-Director, Associate Dean
College of Education
The University of West Alabama
Livingston, AL 35470
Prior to hiring, the final candidate(s) must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation, including information obtained from social media and other internet sources.
The University of West Alabama does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, hearing status, personal appearance, color, sex, pregnancy, political affiliation, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability (including perceived disability), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other protected category under applicable local, state, or federal law, including protections for those opposing discrimination or participating in any grievance process on campus, with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other human rights agencies.
Minority applications encouraged.
Visit us at www.uwa.edu