Effective Date: July 27, 2023
- Ph.D. or D.B.A. in Accounting from an accredited institution, or Ph.D. or D.B.A. in Business Administration or other related field from an accredited institution with a minimum of 18 hours of graduate course work in Accounting.
- Ability to work effectively with administration, faculty, staff, and students.
- Successful online teaching experience in Accounting at the college level.
- Demonstrated potential in research and publication.
- Teach Accounting courses in the online MBA program.
- Teach additional undergraduate Accounting courses online when assigned.
Rank and Salary: Adjunct Online Instructor.
Application Deadline: Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
To Apply: Send materials to:
Sharon Stipe, Chair
Department of Accounting, Finance, and Economics
College of Business
University of West Alabama
Livingston, Alabama 35470
Materials may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following materials must be submitted for the application to be considered complete:
- A cover letter.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Transcripts of all college work. (Unofficial transcripts will suffice for the application; official transcripts must be submitted immediately upon employment.)
- The phone number and email address of three current professional references (letters may be requested at a later date).
Prior to hiring, the final candidate(s) must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation, including information obtained from social media and other internet sources.
The University of West Alabama does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, hearing status, personal appearance, color, sex, pregnancy, political affiliation, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability (including perceived disability), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other protected category under applicable local, state, or federal law, including protections for those opposing discrimination or participating in any grievance process on campus, with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other human rights agencies.
Minority applications encouraged.