UWA TRIO SSS awards Thousands in Grant Aid each Academic Year to Eligible TRIO SSS Participants.
To be considered for Grant Aid student must:
- Have an unmet financial need as verified by the UWA Financial Aid Office
- Be in good academic standing and have a semester and cumulative GPA of 2.25+
- Complete all required meetings with the academic counselor
- Attend all required tutoring sessions
- Attend a Grant Aid Budgeting Workshop
- Complete the Financial Literacy 101 Online Workshop
- Complete the Grant Aid Application
Click here to apply for UWA TRIO SSS Grant Aid.
Federal TRIO SSS Grant Aid Requirements:
- CFR § 646.30 (i) Grant aid to eligible students who -
- Are in their first two years of postsecondary education and who are receiving Federal Pell Grants under subpart 1 of part A of title IV of the Act; or
- Have completed their first two years of postsecondary education and who are receiving Federal Pell Grants under subpart 1 of part A of title IV of the Act if the institution demonstrates to the satisfaction of the Secretary that -
- These students are at high risk of dropping out; and
- It will first meet the needs of all its eligible first- and second-year students for services under this paragraph.