- The sponsor of a fundraising activity must complete a request form and obtain approval of the fundraising activity from the Office of Student Life at least 10 days prior to the activity beginning.
- The purpose for which the funds will be raised must be consistent with the purpose of the recognized student organization and other applicable policies of the University.
- Advanced approval must be granted for any donation that would exceed $1,000.
- An accounting of any funds raised must be provided to the Office of Student Life within five business days after the event.
- A currently enrolled student member(s) of the sponsoring recognized student organization must be present during the entire time of the event.
- Event sponsors are responsible for ensuring that proposed activities comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Spaces in which the fundraising activity is occurring must be identified by a sign indicating the conducting entity’s name, goods, and/or services being sold, and prices.
- Commercial or corporate sponsorship of programs or events is permissible provided that no products and/or services are sold at the event.
- UWA reserves the right to restrict all fundraising activities to reasonable times, places, and manners.
- The University acknowledges that a policy of this nature may not anticipate every possible issue that may arise with respect to fundraising activities. As a result, the University reserves the right to impose reasonable restrictions and/or requirements with respect to the time, place, and manner of fundraising activities. These restrictions may be in addition to, or in lieu of, those set forth in the policy.
- Failure to obtain permission to engage in or sponsor sales or fundraising, or failure to adhere to University policy regarding activities for which permission has been granted, will result in the curtailment and/or cancellation of the event by the Office of Student Life or other appropriate University official.
- The Office of Student Life has jurisdiction over complaints against any student or recognized student organization(s) alleged to have violated this policy.
- Sanctions for violation of this policy by students and/or recognized student organizations include, but are not limited to, fines and/or restitution, loss of the right to use University property or facilities for activities, loss of recognition for recognized student organizations, other disciplinary sanctions, and other educational sanctions appropriate to the circumstances.
- The University reserves the right to amend this policy at any time.