Student Health Services
Immunization and Medical Records Verification for New Students
For the safety of our campus community, all students are required to have certain up-to-date immunizations before arriving on campus. Student Health Services Immunization and Medical Records Verification for New Students For the safety of our campus community, all students are required to have certain up-to-date immunizations before arriving on campus. As such, all new students must verify their immunization and medical histories through our Student Medical Report and Immunization form.
All incoming students, regardless of classification, must have the following vaccinations:
- Meningitis Vaccine (A, C, Y, W-135) – within the past five (5) years
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella Vaccine – All students born after 1956 must have had 2 doses of the vaccine. One dose must have been a Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) vaccine. A copy of a lab report showing proof of immunity from measles (rubeola), mumps, and rubella can be submitted in lieu of the vaccine.
- TB Screening – Within 12 months prior to enrollment term
- Immunization Form – Must be downloaded then submitted electronically via email@example.com or via fax at 205-652-3881
If the TB skin test is positive, please submit either results of a T-Spot blood test or chest X-Ray report from a physician stating no signs of tuberculosis. Students who are found to have a positive test will not be permitted to attend classes until follow-up testing can be completed and it is determined there is no active Tuberculosis disease.
*Online Learners are not required to provide proof of immunizations.
Failure to comply with Immunization and Medical records verification , including verification of all required immunizations and TB screening/testing, will result in an inability to register for classes and participate in other pre-fall activities such as athletics, band, cheerleader tryouts or practice, or residence hall check-in.
Individual Colleges, e.g. Division of Nursing, may have additional immunization requirements. These are general guidelines to be interpreted by the staff and subject to change based on the medical needs of the University.
Medical history information and immunization/TB records MUST be submitted at least one month prior to your intended enrollment date: We recommend having everything verified prior to your attendance at UWA Orientation, as you will not be allowed to register for classes without being cleared.
Immunization and Medical Records Form Instructions
You MUST follow these instructions to submit the required medical history and immunization form. This form MUST be included in your medical history submission. Documentation without the required immunization form will not be accepted.
- Click here to download & print your Student Medical Report and Immunization Form.
- Complete all medical history information.
- Have your medical provider complete your immunization certificate.
- Scan the complete and signed form and any other documents (clear and readable photographs are acceptable)
- Email or fax an image of your form to firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-652-3881.
Once your form has been processed (Usually 48-72 hours), you will receive a confirmation email or an email regarding why we rejected what was submitted.
If you have any questions, you can email email@example.com or call 205-652-3578. Be sure to include your student ID when you email or call.
Spring Term: Due by December 1
Summer Term: Due by May 1
Fall Term: Due by August 1 (or by summer orientation date)
If you previously completed medical history and immunization via Med+ Proctor please click here.