Optional Practical Training (OPT)
Checklist for OPT Request
- Letter from Academic Advisor that students will have completed hours to graduate the semester applying for OPT. Have Academic Advisor email email@example.com.
- I-765, Please type, print and bring to your appointment at this link: Form 1-765
- Copy of passport
- Copy of I-94
- Copy of Visa
- Copy of most recent SEVIS 1-20
- $410 Money order or personal check made to U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Two (2) Passport pictures with name and SEVIS # on back. Please see flyer and link
- Copy of Social Security card, if applicable
Begin your OPT application through this website: https://gointernational.uwa.edu/
Contact your OPT advisor, Connie Marine, at firstname.lastname@example.org. OPT is done by appointments only, please email to set up your appointment.
Please note that International Programs recommends that you make an appointment at the beginning of your last semester. OPT can take up to 90 days or longer to be approved. Please be prepared as it is each student's responsibility.
OPT Photo Requirements
- Make sure the photo presents the full head from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin
- Center the head with the frame
- The person in the photo should have a neutral expression and be facing the camera
- No glasses allowed in the photo.
Paper Photo Head Size Template
- Photo must be 2 inches by 2 inches
- The height of the head (top of hair to bottom of chin) should measure 1 inch to 1 3⁄8 inches (25 mm - 35 mm)
- Make sure the eye height is between 1 1⁄8 inches to 1 3⁄8 inches (28 mm - 35 mm) from the bottom of the photo
Well Composed Photo Composition Examples