It’s almost time!
We want to make your travels to UWA as easy and convenient as possible. A few things to consider:
Before you leave:
If you need any immediate medical assistance (Medical, Dental, or Vision), it may be of more convenient to visit your local doctors before leaving home.
In addition, if you have any traditional medicines, you may want to bring them with you as it is not guaranteed you will be able to find them in the Livingston area.
Prescriptions for controlled drugs cannot be refilled in the US without seeing an American doctor. So, please plan accordingly.
Items to carry with you:
Your passport must be valid for six months after the date that you expect to arrive in the United States
- Your visa within your passport
- Your signed SEVIS Form I-20
It may help to have the name and contact information of the designated school official at UWA. Should issues arrive, you will be able to contact her.
Please find your international student advisor at the link below.
What to bring with you:
Please put these in your carry-on luggage as it is possible that checked luggage can be temporarily misplaced.
- Airline Ticket
- I-20 or DS-2019
- Documentation of your permanent residence in your home country
- Copies of Medical and Dental Records (if possible)
- Supply of any medications
- Extra pair of eyeglasses! (Important)
- $300 in American Currency, Credit Cards, and your payment for your first semester tuition and fees in the form of travelers’ checks or cash
- Change of Clothing (basic—underwear, shorts, t-shirt, sandals)
- Telephone and Email Addresses for the following:
- International Office for The University of West Alabama: