Interdisciplinary Arts Comprehensive Major
Description of the Program
Social media has changed everything. How information is shared. How art is expressed. And UWA offers new ways for you to stay ahead of the curve. With our Interdisciplinary Arts Comprehensive degree you will prepare to thrive in a career that encompasses multimedia platforms offers a personalized degree in fine arts with coursework from the areas of Creative Writing, Music, Theatre and Visual Art. Over the course of your studies, you will learn to think more creatively, analyze media more intuitively and hone your communication skills that will serve you in any arts career you choose.
For more information on the curriculum, visit the academic catalog.
- Students are taught to think creatively.
- Students develop technical skills in each discipline.
- Students develop conceptual skills in each discipline.
- Students develop their communication skills.
- Students pursue project based assignments.
- Students are taught to think independently.
- Students are taught to analyze media.
- The UWA Camerata
- The UWA Choral Union
- The UWA Band
- Chamber Music Ensembles
- Individual instruction in instruments and voice
- Theatre Productions (Multiple productions each year)
- Art Exhibitions
- Scholarships are available for Choral Union and Band
The Interdisciplinary Arts Comprehensive degree offers many career possibilities. A list of a few of the many possibilities: Actor, Director, Screenwriter, Graphic Designer, Web Page Designer, Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Product Designer, Costume Designer, Illustrator, Graphic Novelist.
College/Division of Liberal Arts/Fine Arts contact Ms. Sharon Harwell at (205) 652-3510.