Education Specialist in Teacher Leader
This program prepares you to advance as an expert teacher. The program helps you increase the achievement of your students with improved instructional practices and knowledge. It also assists you in leading your colleagues as you seek to improve instruction. You will learn how to integrate the teacher leader standards to impact student achievement through topics that include mentoring, curriculum design, innovative practices and reform, research and more. You will develop a plan of action to effectively deal with complex educational issues while ensuring the success of students. This program will lead to a Class AA Professional Certification.
- Apply standards to authentic educational situations
- Enhance instruction through mentoring and collaboration
- Examine time management
- Integrate technology in curriculum and instruction
- Improve communication for motivation and change
- Research current educational instruction topics
- opportunity/eligibility to participate in state and/or national organizations relative to instructional interests
Graduates with an Education Specialist degree in Teacher Leader will earn a Class AA Certificate. This certification will provide additional income for the higher degree earned. The graduate will have additional foundation to make an impact in his or her professional setting. Some districts are eager to see the EdS in Teacher Leader degree held by their instructional coaches or partners.
College of Education: Dr. Tammy Crouse, firstname.lastname@example.org