Master of Education in Student Affairs in Higher Education (Non Certification)
Begin today the educational journey to a marketable and employable master’s degree in student affairs in higher education at the University of West Alabama. This degree will enhance the knowledge, skills, and credentials to prepare aspiring students in the field of higher education, as well as practicing student affairs professionals, for entry or mid-level positions in a variety of exciting and rewarding areas of student services such as Greek life, admissions, recreation/intramural sports, residence life, student activities, and more.
- Theory and Philosophy of Student Affairs
- Management and Supervision for Student Affairs Professionals
- Counseling Multicultural Populations
- Ethics and Law in Student Affairs
- Assessment and Evaluation in Student Affairs
- Current Issues and Trends in Student Affairs
- Up-to-date and relevant curriculum
- Theory-to-practice approach to college student development
- Working knowledge of student affairs law
- Networking opportunities with student affairs professionals
- Competency training in Student Affairs Administration
- Courses taught by scholars and practitioners
- Courses offered online and on campus
The Master’s of Education in Student Affairs in Higher Education degree equips students with a marketable credential for employment in the growing career field of student affairs. The U.S. Department of Labor Statistics predicts that job opportunities in higher education will grow 15% between 2012 and 2022.
According to O Net Online, Postsecondary Educational Administrators is considered a “bright outlook occupation” that is expected to “grow rapidly.”
- Every Bright Outlook occupation matches at least one of the following criteria:
- Projected to grow faster than average (employment increase of 10% or more) over the period 2016-2026
- Projected to have 100,000 or more job openings over the period 2016-2026
Graduates of this program have secured job placements at colleges and universities throughout the United States in a wide variety of student services and higher education administration (e.g., admissions, career services, registrar, intramural sports, student activities, external affairs, etc.)
This degree prepares students for employment within a wide variety of functional areas of student affairs such as: Admissions, Multicultural Affairs, Registrar’s Office, Advising, Financial Aid, Greek Life, Residence Life, Intramural Sports, Student Activities, Service-Learning, Career Services, Alumni Affairs and more.
College of Education: Dr. Celeste Wheat email@example.com or 205-652-5418