Master of Science in Adult Continuing Education (Non-Certification) Library Media Option
Program Admission Requirements
To be admitted to this program, the prospective student must meet all requirements for admission to the School of Graduate Studies, including fingerprints/verification of background clearance. This degree does not qualify a student for any teaching certificate in the State of Alabama. Out-of-state students should check carefully the certification requirements of their respective states.
I. Professional Courses: 9 hours
- ED 504. Techniques of Educational Research (3)
ED 506. Educational Statistics (3)
- ED 505. Technology and Education (3)
- SE 500. Introduction to Special Education (3)
CO 547. Counseling Multicultural Populations (3)
II. Concentration Courses: 24 hours
- LM 506. Literature for Children and Young Adults (3)
- LM 561. Instructional Media (3)
- LM 562. Library Media Cataloging and Classification (3)
- LM 563. School Library Media Center Management and Collection Development (3)
- LM 564. Critical Issues in School Library Services (3)
- LM 565. Reference Services and Information Storage and Retrieval (3)
- LM 566. Libraries and Legal Issues (3)
- LM 569. Internship in Library Media (3)
Total Required: 33 hours
- Students who have not previously met the special education requirement must take a general survey course in special education (SE 500) or if they have credit for a previous special education course they will need to take CO 547.
- This program is also offered online.
Program Completion Requirements
The student shall:
- Maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.0 or better in all courses in the approved program as verified on an official transcript with no grade less than “C.”
- Make a satisfactory score on a written comprehensive examination (Praxis II) documenting mastery of the curriculum of the program.