Education Specialist in Instructional Leadership
Become more prepared for advanced leadership positions as you engage in and reflect on authentic experiences focused on strengthening your knowledge and skills. You will develop a plan of action to effectively deal with the complex educational issues while ensuring the success of students. Learn how to integrate the leadership standards into your daily practice through topics that include mentoring, organizational leadership, instructional leadership, curriculum design, innovative practices and reform, personnel management, decision-making, conflict management, research and more. This program leads to Class AA Professional Certification.
- Apply leadership standards to authentic educational situations
- Enhance supervision through mentoring and professional development
- Examine fiscal management and time management
- Integrate technology in curriculum and instruction
- Improve communication for motivation and change
- Research current educational leadership topics
- Leadership field experiences relative to each course
- opportunity/eligibility to participate in district, state and/or national organizations relative to Instructional Leadership
The Educational Specialist in Instructional Leadership prepares the candidate for advanced leadership positions at both the building and district levels. The Class AA certification gives the candidate more opportunities for an increase in salary. This degree may also open doors in other settings such as the state level of education, collegiate work, or consulting. For many, the increased confidence and efficacy in their leadership skills enhances their job satisfaction in their current positions.
College of Education: Dr. Tammy Crouse, firstname.lastname@example.org