Skip to main content
Explore UWA Request Info Schedule a Visit Apply Now

Provisional Certificate in a Teaching Field (PCTF)

You can complete the courses required by the Alabama State Department of Education (ALSDE) for a provisional teaching certificate at the University of West Alabama. The Alabama State Approved Provisional Certificate in a Teaching Field (PCTF) provides educators with the coursework required to earn a Class B teaching license. It allows students to choose from an approved list of courses and approach the teacher certification program with just 12 credit hours.

The list of ALSDE approved courses for the PCTF approach can be found here.

Note that the PCTF approach does not lead to a degree or certification recommendation from UWA, only certification issued by the ALSDE at the Class B level. However, if you wish to pursue a graduate degree program in education, as well as Class A teacher certification, you may be interested in the Alternative A Program.

Request Info

Submit your information to be contacted by phone/email.


* Required Information

I authorize the University of West Alabama and its representatives to contact me via SMS. I am providing my consent by leaving the opt-in checked. Message and data rates may apply. Terms.

By submitting your information, you confirm you have read the Privacy Policy.