Professional Development Coordinator
Effective Date: Immediately upon hiring
- Degree in education or related field
- Ability to manage diverse clients
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that will enable the candidate to work effectively with University administrators, faculty, and staff; and P3-12 administrators, faculty, and staff
- Strong administrative and technology skills
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
- Experience in organizing and presenting professional development sessions for P3-Higher Ed.
- Experience working with P3-12 administrators, faculty, and staff
- Knowledge and implementation of NCTM Standards
- Knowledge and implementation of Common Core Standards
- Ability to analyze and use data for school improvement in the area of math education
- Knowledge of effective use of social media for business development and sales
- Experience in marketing and sales of education products and services
- Successful experience in grant writing and administration
- Actively seeks new consulting projects
- Coordinates with clients for the purpose of identifying training/consulting needs
- Works in coordination with the bby team to develop marketing plan/strategies and materials
- Coordinates professional development workshops between schools and consultants
- Coordinates with consultants and schools regarding training and materials
- Maintains consultant and professional development master calendar
- Monitors training/consulting services for the purpose of ensuring that performance outcomes are achieved
- Administers follow-up evaluations for professional development services
- Coordinates consultant training
- Organizes materials for distribution at educational conferences; attends educational conferences to market bby materials and services
- Actively maintains and regularly updates website and social media presence
- Actively maintains email account
- Works collaboratively to manage day-to-day operations
- Performs other duties as requested by the Director of bby Publications for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of bby Publications
Application Deadline: Review of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
To Apply: Send materials listed to
Dr. Denise Knight, Director
bby Publications at UWA
Livingston, AL 35470
The following materials must be submitted by the deadline for the application to be considered complete:
A cover letter
A current resume or curriculum vitae.
Transcripts of all college work. (Unofficial transcripts will suffice for the application; official transcripts must be submitted immediately upon employment.)
Three current letters of professional reference.
The University of West Alabama does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation in employment, or the provision of services.
Minority applications encouraged.