Assistant Men's Basketball Coach
Effective Date: Immediately
- Bachelor’s degree
- One-year successful basketball coaching experience
- Recruiting ability
- Proven ability to develop basketball players
- Knowledge of NCAA Division II regulations – Gulf South Conference preferred
- Ability to work effectively with administration, faculty, coaching staff, students, alumni, and boosters
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- One to three years of basketball coaching experience
- One to two years teaching experience in varsity basketball
- Teach VA 201, varsity basketball for men academic credit
- On the court coaching responsibilities assigned by the Head Coach
- Ability to scout opponents and breakdown film
- Recruiting duties assigned by the Head Coach
- Knowledge of strength and conditioning
- Other duties assigned by the Head Coach and Athletic Director; position will have a dual reporting relationship with AD and HC.
Salary: Dependent upon credentials; includes excellent medical and retirement benefits.
Application Deadline: Review of applications begins immediately, and continues until the position is filled.
To Apply: Send materials listed below to:
Christi Wade, Associate Athletic Director/Director of Compliance
The University of West Alabama
Livingston, AL 35470
- Cover Letter
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Email and phone numbers of at least three current professional references
- Transcripts of all college work (unofficial transcripts will suffice for the application; official transcripts must be submitted immediately upon employment)
The University of West Alabama does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, hearing status, personal appearance, color, sex, pregnancy, political affiliation, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability (including perceived disability), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other protected category under applicable local, state, or federal law, including protections for those opposing discrimination or participating in any grievance process on campus, with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other human rights agencies.
Minority applications encouraged.