Digital Media Coordinator
Effective Date: July 28, 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, English, marketing, or advertising
- Master’s degree in communications-related field or higher education
- Minimum of three years professional experience in communications, preferably in higher education
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and other current communications technologies and platforms
- Demonstrated abilities in writing, photography, design, editing, and other effective communications tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge of social media analytics
- Experience and commitment to working in an environment with confidential information
- Ability to be a self-starter with strong collaborative skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with on- and off-campus constituents
- Willingness and ability to travel on nights and weekends periodically
- Experience in brand management and elevation on social media
The digital media coordinator will work primarily with the offices of Alumni Affairs and Public Relations to further advancement efforts using tools including, but not limited to, technical writing, feature writing, photography, videography, graphic sing, web management, social media, university relations, and other trending platforms and strategies. The digital media coordinator is expected to be able to create on-brand, quality content and carry through from strategy to implementation, with frequent data-driven analysis.
- Assist in promoting UWA throughout digital channels to a broad range of constituencies
- Plan and develop news and special feature content
- Advise and support departments and organizations across campus in following best practices
- Continually review University’s social media presence to drive guidelines and create cohesion
- Collect and curate content to support strategic goals and University mission
- Photography, writing, graphic design, and other efforts as needed
- Contribute to content management of the UWA website
- Assist with Alumni Affairs programs and events by developing promotional content for events and programs as well as attend functions as needed to collect content
- Assist with digital production aspects and some content for University publications
- Assist with implementation of graphic standards and brand management
- Assist in the development and implementation of special recognition projects, events, and initiatives
- Assist in the development and distribution of internal communications
- Assist VP of Advancement with special duties as assigned by appropriate administrators
Salary: Dependent upon credentials; includes excellent medical and retirement benefits.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin July 28, 2021, and continue until the position is filled.
To Apply: Send materials listed below to:
Ms. Kathleen Upchurch, Operations Manager
The University of West Alabama
Livingston, AL 35470
- Cover Letter
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Email and phone numbers of at least three current professional references
- Transcripts of all college work (unofficial transcripts will suffice for the application; official transcripts must be submitted immediately upon employment)
The University of West Alabama does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, hearing status, personal appearance, color, sex, pregnancy, political affiliation, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability (including perceived disability), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other protected category under applicable local, state, or federal law, including protections for those opposing discrimination or participating in any grievance process on campus, with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other human rights agencies.
Minority applications encouraged.