Effective Date: August 1, 2021. This position is grant-funded. No commitment or guarantee is made of future employment past the terms of the grant.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a variety of groups, individuals, and organizations
- Skills and ability to use current technology
- Ability to clearly and effectively present ideas in meetings and compose and deliver oral presentations
- Ability to formulate program goals and objectives and identify appropriate activities and/or functions to meet these objectives
- Ability to work effectively with administration, faculty, coaching staff, students, alumni, and boosters
- Ability to keep up-to-date on departmental and college policies, procedures, and practices in order to provide accurate information or assistance to students, staff, faculty, and the general public in a timely and courteous manner
- Ability to identify and use potential sources of data
- Excellent management and public relations skills
- Commitment to providing services in accordance with the stated mission, goals, objectives, and priorities of the University
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Demonstrate success as a project administrator and experience as a team leader
- Knowledge about the University’s service area
- Provide counseling and training to existing and prospective entrepreneurs in developing business plans, marketing, record keeping and accounting, finance, management, and other areas of small business ownership.
- Arrange seminars or other special events.
- Promote small business development in the designated area.
- Develop a confidential relationship between client and counselor.
- Document counseling sessions with written reports submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintain records of civic organization contacts, business contacts, and other activities performed in support of the goals of the SBDC.
- Participate in the goal attainment required of the UWA SBDC.
- Follow the general guidelines and requirements of our regional organization – the Alabama Small Business Development Network.
- Assume related responsibilities and other duties as assigned by appropriate supervisory personnel.
Salary: $20.00 per hour. 40 hour work week.
Application Deadline: Review of applications begins immediately, and continues until the position is filled.
To Apply: Send materials listed below to:
Mr. Donald Mills, Director of the Small Business Development Center
The University of West Alabama
Livingston, AL 35470
- Cover Letter
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Email and phone numbers of at least three current professional references
- Transcripts of all college work (unofficial transcripts will suffice for the application; official transcripts must be submitted immediately upon employment)
The University of West Alabama does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, hearing status, personal appearance, color, sex, pregnancy, political affiliation, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability (including perceived disability), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other protected category under applicable local, state, or federal law, including protections for those opposing discrimination or participating in any grievance process on campus, with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other human rights agencies.
Minority applications encouraged.