Assistant Women's Softball Coach
Effective Date: January 1, 2022, or soon thereafter
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability and desire to motivate student-athletes to succeed academically and athletically
- Ability to work effectively as a team with administration, faculty, coaching staff, students, and alumni
- College coaching and recruiting experience
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Two years collegiate coaching experience and/or collegiate playing experience
- Master’s degree
- Organizing practice and game plans
- Coordinate scheduling and recruiting activities
- Field maintenance as assigned by the head coach
- Assist with financial aid and eligibility matters for student-athletes
- Coordinate travel
- Other duties as assigned by the head coach and athletics director
Salary: Dependent upon credentials; includes excellent medical and retirement benefits.
Application Deadline: Review of applications begins immediately, and continues until the position is filled.
To Apply: Send materials listed below to:
Head Softball Coach
University of West Alabama
Livingston, AL 35470
- Cover Letter
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Email and phone numbers of at least three current professional references
- Transcripts of all college work (unofficial transcripts will suffice for the application; official transcripts must be submitted immediately upon employment)
The University of West Alabama does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, hearing status, personal appearance, color, sex, pregnancy, political affiliation, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability (including perceived disability), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other protected category under applicable local, state, or federal law, including protections for those opposing discrimination or participating in any grievance process on campus, with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, or other human rights agencies.
Minority applications encouraged.