- Ability to work effectively with students, staff, faculty, and administration
- Commitment to innovative teaching practices
- Ability to apply recent research on theory and best practices to the classroom
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in applying technology to teaching
- Clear background check
- Bachelor's degree in the study of childhood education, a valid State of Alabama Teaching Certificate with the appropriate endorsement(s) for all subject area(s) being taught, evidence of meeting highly qualified requirements, as defined by No Child Left Behind, must meet all requirements established by the Alabama Department of Human Resources (DHR)
- One year of teaching experience
- Willingness to teach "Best Practice" principles
- Provide developmentally appropriate instruction designed to facilitate understanding of established student learning outcomes
- Establish and maintain communication with parents in order to ensure student success
- Create a positive classroom environment for students
- Maintain a strong commitment to personal and professional growth
- Follow Campus School and University policies and procedures in a timely manner
- Perform other tasks as required by the appropriate administrators
Dependent upon credentials; includes excellent benefits package.
Review of applications begins October 30 and continues until position is filled.
Submit completed "Application for Employment" form which can be obtained from UWA College of Education to:
Dr. Jan Miller, Dean
Julia Tutwiler College of Education
The University of West Alabama
Livingston, AL 35470
Only complete applications will be considered.
The University of West Alabama does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation in employment, or the provision of services.
Minority applications encouraged.