• GAS LEAK

    Many of the buildings on campus use natural gas to for climate control and other purposes. Should you detect an unusual odor or gas leak, pursue the following measures immediately:

    Gas Odor

    • Leave the area.
    • Call the Campus Police at 652.3602.
    • Do not use ignition sources (cigarettes, electrical devices, etc.).
    • Do not turn on lights or other electrical switches.
    • Warn others in the area.
    • Meet with responding personnel to identify the location of the odor.

    Major Leak

    • Call the Campus Police at 652.3602 or 911.
    • Initiate building evacuation if inside.
    • Do not re-enter building until authorized by emergency responders.
    • Secure area and warn others.
    • Meet with responding personnel to provide additional information.
    • Prevent sources of ignition.
    • Do not turn on lights or other electrical switches.